Saturday, August 15, 2009

Things I fail at:

- not eating ice cream daily (sometimes twice daily)
- cooking bacon
- bathing my child regularly
- my Bill Cosby impression (according to Kenny. I think it's gold -- "I love the jello pudding...")
- updating this blog

So guess where we are? Syracuse, NY? Nope. SLC, UT? Outta there too. We're currently in sunny Tempe AZ. We survived a hot, hot, hot Phoenix summer, and have been completely indoctrinated -- the other day it was 79 and felt chilly.

We're all moved in and settled in our new apt. It's nice and cool and comfy. Except a cockroach attacked K3 on our porch right after we got here. Kenny told me it was just a beetle 'cause "cockroaches don't fly," but it was a big freaking beetle then.

I've survived my first two months of graduate school. Yay! It's strange to be actually doing things -- like writing ledes and covering implosions and being forced to join twitter (@jenncmatt). It's actually kind of a thrill to have a deadline! I guess I'm in the right place.

Kenny is still jobless. He's being Mr. Mom while I'm away at school. We've pretty much swapped places. He takes care of the baby and does all the cooking and cleaning, while I go to school and then come home and sit back on the lazy boy and watch the game. Kidding! But he does do the shopping. And the good thing is he's really bonded with K3 these past months (see pic to right). But of course, I'm still K3's favorite. Total mama's boy.

K3 is almost 16 months old. Yikes! He's getting so fat I can barely carry him these days. And he's in that hard in-between phase when he thinks he's talking to us but we have no idea what he's actually saying. Whenever he wants something he repeats "gak" about a million times and points in its general direction. But he's not very accurate so we have a hard time knowing what he's looking for. He probably thinks we're idiots.

Here's a pic of him trying to eat yogurt by himself. How cute!


Okay, if you've skipped down to see the good stuff, STOP HERE. BABY VIDEO BELOW!!!

Here's three clips of K3, and they are ADORABLE, if I do say so myself. And I saved the best clip for last, i.e. K3 trying to say "hamburger." Enjoy:



Well, that's all for now. See you after the new year! ;)




3 comments:

  1. Wow! K3 is getting so big and so smart! Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kid is so RAD! I love this video of him. I think I just love him. I really can't wait to see him again!

    Love you guys! I miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was that juice??? or is little Kenny repeating something he hears around the house?
    -Brian

    ReplyDelete