Saturday, February 28, 2009

So K3 is eating a lot of solids these days, as you can see in this adorable picture here:
















So for fun we decided to record him eating "chicken" for the first time (it's in quotation marks because baby food chicken may or may not contain any actual chicken, or in fact, edible food in general) We thought it would be cute, and it seemed that way, until things took a terrible turn!



We felt awful. So we recorded him eating applesauce to show that we do actually feed him things that don't make him gag:




Unfortunately, other than being an important milestone, eating solids has other unfortunate consequences. And the MOST unfortunate is. . .well. . .let's just put it this way -- remember his favorite outfit, the Pooh Suit(pictured right)? Well, it's dropped the "h" and is now just the poo suit. You could say, really, that every item of clothing he owns is now a poo suit. Blowouts are a multi-day occurrence around here, and nothing, not even the overpriced $30 overalls I bought him, are safe.

I will be kind and not post pictures (because I have them). I'm sure your imagination will do just fine.

Onto less disgusting news, our little back-scooter is no more -- please welcome our little crawler! Well, almost. Sorry to jump the gun, there, but I'm very excited that K3 seems to have abandoned scooting on his back in favor of almost crawling on his front. And don't think I don't have proof. Kindly turn your attention to this video:


And if that wasn't enough, a cute picture:


















Oh, and we've also started him on baby yoga.

Here he is doing Cat pose:

















Plank pose:

















Downward facing dog:

















And Child's pose:

















He is gonna be one flexible baby.


I'm not sure if you noticed in some of the pictures and videos, but out baby has become quite the porker! He' over 20 lbs these days (pretty amazing considering he was 14 1/2 lbs at the beginning of January). I took a picture of his newly found multiple chin:















And also of his whole new roly-poly body:






















Here is another couple of videos I took of the baby. Here is one from a few weeks ago showing him playing with a ball we got him:

And here he is being easily entertained with a key on a rope.



Well, the Kennys and I are off to Washington in a few days for Spring Break. We're excited for the warmer (if still gloomy) Puyallup weather. K3 will see his grandma and grandpa Matthews, two of his great-grandmas, and his Uncle Dave and Aunt Robyn. I'll make sure and post after we get back and tell you all about it!

3 comments:

  1. haha the gagging killed me!! poor guy that stuff smells nasty i can only imagine how it tastes!! i love your blog! The baby yoga was AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great posting...these make us laugh SO much. We're looking forward to see you guys soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen I have to tell you that I laughed out loud through this whole post! And Blake did too! Baby yoga is out of this world! You have to make him famous for that! :)

    I also have to tell you that Kenny wins the Cutest Baby in the World Contest in my eyes! Seriously Jenny he is one of the cutest things I've ever seen, right after new born puppies!
    He just seems to be getting cuter ever month. Congrats on an adorable babe.

    Lastly, I love listening to you behind the camera, that's one of my favorite parts!

    Smashing blog Jen!

    I miss you. Have fun in Washington!

    ReplyDelete